Saturday, December 24, 2011

Past trauma and holidays

For the past week or so I've noticed that Lexy has been having an increasingly harder time regulating her emotions.  She's having a harder time getting to sleep, nervous/anxious acting and upsets easily.  I decided to go back and read my posts from this time last year and discovered that she had the same issues last year.  I've read that children/people with trauma in their past have a harder time at holiday time but I really didn't put two and two together for Lexy until now.  I think that all the excitement, waiting/anticipation and change of routine is just more than her little body and mind can deal with.    I'm hoping that as time goes on and she matures that this will become easier for her but the reality is that times like this may always be a struggle for her. :(  Hopefully as things settle down after Christmas she can relax again, I hate to see my sweet girl have to deal with all this!

No comments: