Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Strawberry Freezer Jam & Great Grandma Koppes


When I was growing up my Great Grandma Koppes always had strawberry freezer jam ready and waiting for us every weekend. We would make the trip down to visit every Friday evening and my brother, CJ and I would get to pick what we wanted grandma to cook for breakfast every Sat. and Sun. mornings...most times it was homemade biscuits, homemade gravy and this freezer jam. Oh the memories...I've missed this jam SO much so I tried my hand at making it today, now to wait the 24 hours for it to set!!!

My Grandma Koppes was a very important person to me as I was growing up. I loved visiting with her every weekend and could talk to her for hours and hours. It always makes me sad to think that she never got to see me as an adult and mother and never got to meet Mike and my girls. Grandma Koppes passed away the day before my 16th birthday. She will always have a special place in my heart, I know she would be so proud of the person I've grown up to be :-)

No comments: