Monday, May 11, 2009

A 13th birthday letter to Brooke

Dear Brooke,

Wow, 13 years have passed since the day you were born and laid in my arms by the doctor. It is so amazing to me how fast that time has flown by! Back then I couldn't have even dreamed what pure joy you would bring into my (and daddy's) life.

I think it scares all moms when we think of our child becoming a teenager but so far you have calmed all my fears. I think this age is actually one of my favorites. I love seeing you assert your independence and make some of your own decisions (and good ones at that!). I love that you still like to talk with me, share secrets with me and cuddle on the couch. I have enjoyed getting a glimpse in the last year of what an independent, loving, caring, confident and wonderful person you are growing into. I love that you are a leader and you're not afraid to voice your opinion!

I have enjoyed watching you grow as a cheerleader and take your responsibility as a positive role model very seriously. I was so proud as you stepped out of your comfort zone this year to be an actress in your school play. You are such a good student, you're always thinking ahead and putting your schoolwork first. You dislike drama of any kind in your life and you choose to only surround yourself with positive, loyal and supportive friends.

I hope you continue to follow your dreams of being a fashion designer. You really showed your skills when you designed your bedroom makeover this year! I love that you have something that you are so passionate about and you will be great!

Thank you for being my daughter. I love you so much!

Love, Mom

No comments: