Monday, May 4, 2009

Not Me Monday

MckMama hosts the wonderful Not Me carnival to allow us to admit our shortcomings in a highly theraputic way...without really admitting to them :0) Join in, you'll feel better!

I did NOT spend four hours yesterday battling the ants that have decided my home is better than theirs (since it's rained so much that theirs must be underwater by now). Nope Not me! Good news is that I think I've won the battle and my kitchen is cleaner than it has been in a long time!

I did NOT spend way too much time just staring at my computer Friday, yesterday and this morning while my internet was down. I did NOT call internet support 3 times in the past two days and beg, whine and complain that I NEED my internet. Nope, Not me!

I did NOT jump up and down when my internet came back up just a few minutes ago and I did NOT get on as quickly as possible in hopes of fitting in checking e-mail, facebook and do a blog post before it goes down again! Nope, Not Me!

I did NOT use the ruse of a shopping trip to have a day of heart to heart talking with my almost 13 year old daughter....I did NOT have a daughter almost 13 years ago making me WAY too old!!!! Nope, Not Me!

I did NOT buy WAY too much on the above shopping trip, including Sponge Bob jammies for Lexy. I would NOT buy Sponge Bob, I've always said that show was a brain sucker...poor Brooke never even got to see one episode until a few months ago when I broke down and started letting Lexy watch it. I am NOT becoming one of THOSE moms!!! Nope, Not Me!

I did NOT almost cry when my almost 13 yr old asked me if I would me upset if she didn't want me to go with her on her school field trip this year...she's growing up WAY too fast! Nope, Not Me! But I was happy when she told me that I'm the best mom 'cause she can talk to me about anything and I won't get mad or judge and I'm a good listener :0)

I did NOT do ANY of these things, nope NOT ME because I am the best wife, mother and friend, housekeeper and cook right???!!! Now you can go over to MckMama's to see who else is playing along in Not Me Monday.

1 comment:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Yikes- they grow up too fast don't they?! She is lucky to have a good mom though, it sounds like! Spongbob pj's? Ah, it won't kill em, right!?