Sunday, September 21, 2008

Our Weekend

We had a busy weekend.

For our family day (Sat.) we took the girls to a tiny tots carnival were Lexy got to get lots of goodies, hear a story, jump on the moonwalk, see a fire engine and pet neat animals. Then Brooke, Lexy and I (daddy was on call so had to stay home, I'm sure he wasn't terribly upset!) went shopping in Olathe. We spent over an hour in bumper to bumper traffic b/c of road work just to get to Old Navy! We visited Old Navy, Target, and the Olathe Mall. Lexy was tickled pink when we finally found the coveted SOCK MONKEY that we've been looking for ever since she saw Mr. Magoriums Wonder Emporium. She has not put that thing down since we bought it!!! And no, the sock monkey did not replace Lovey like I had hoped, now Lexy walks around with sock monkey, lovey head and lovey blanket (did I tell you Lovey broke in half about 2 wks ago?) Brooke made out like a bandit with tons of clothes and shoes that she just couldn't live without! We then met daddy for dinner and spent the evening at home.

Today for Cleaning day my project was to work on getting the baby stuff back downstairs and attempt to organize it, it's not done but I did make a dent! I had started packing up the baby stuff on Friday but was in tears by the end so I had to wait until today to work on it again. Mike reminded me that by putting everything back downstairs we are bound to get another call about a baby soon, that just seems to be how it happens!

No comments: