Monday, November 2, 2009

Our Weekend

Overall a good weekend...I am feeling much better and so far (knock on wood) nobody else has gotten sick!!!

On Friday I was the room mother for Lexy's class party. It was so fun to see them so excited! We had a relay race where the kids had to float like a ghost, stomp like a monster, crawl like a spider, etc. and then I told the kids that I had found a witch's spell book in the basement and we did a spell to turn yucky things into yummy things. I handed each kid a small "yucky thing" like a spider, eyeball, vampire teeth, etc. and as I read the ingredients for the spell they put their item into the witch's cauldron. After everything was added we said our spell...Hocus Pocus Ala-Kazam, turn all that is yucky, into something that is yummy...I know so creative, don't be jealous :-)...and with a swish of my hands inside the cauldron the yucky things were turned into something yummy (suckers)...the kids were so amazed! After the party we headed up to main street for our annual Halloween Spook Parade and trick or treating at the stores, it was cold but fun!

On Saturday I worked from 8-3. After I got home the girls got ready for the evening. Brooke decided this year not to go trick or treating so she and Kenzie stayed home to hand out candy while we took Lexy out. We went to Mammaw & Grandpa Tom's house, the local nursing home and then several houses in town. Lexy loved it this year and kept pointing ahead and saying "that light's on, let's go there"! At 7pm we headed back home since Brooke & Kenzie's boyfriends were coming over. Mike took Lexy back out around our neighborhood and Brooke, Kenzie and their boyfriends hung out in the playroom for the evening.



On Sunday I had to work from 8 to 2:30pm. I got to work at 8am only to realize that we had neglected to remember Daylight Savings Time and the time was really 7am so I got to spend an hour sitting in the car reading a magazine before going into work...I felt SO stupid (but I am only human) :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol! An hour early!