Monday, April 20, 2009

The weekend

This weekend was quite eventful.

Friday night Robin and I hosted the 2009-2010 Cheerleader Slumber Party. All of the girls were able to attend so we had fourteen girls present (ages 11-13). It was fun seeing all the girls together but OH THE DRAMA!! I don't remember having that much drama in middle school! It seemed like if one girl wasn't mad or upset about something another was! Then the cell phone thing...we finally had to tell the girls to either put their cell phones away or go home.

Brooke wasn't feeling well on Friday and then on Sat. got worse. She's still not better today so we'll be visiting the doctor this afternoon.

Yesterday Mike & I attended our 19 year old nephew, Shawn's funeral while Grammy & Papa watched the girls. What a sad event, the funeral home was packed to standing room only. I did ok until the end and then just lost it, I know Mike was hurting even more but he was my rock and held me while I cried.

Not really any family fun this weekend so we'll have to make up for it next weekend!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Tha looks like so much fun!

Denise said...

Oh goodness, 14 teens and tweens. I wish I would have known, I would have sent a couple of mine to your house lol.