Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mommy and Me day


Lexy and I took a Mommy and Me day yesterday! Mike was off of work for Veterens Day so he could be here when Brooke got home from school. Lexy decided she wanted to see Madagascar 2 for our day so we did a little shopping, ate lunch out and then saw the movie up at the mall. Lexy and I both really enjoyed the movie and the snacks!!! It's nice to be able to spend a little one on one time! Brooke wasn't left out though...after dinner last night her and I went to Wal-Mart to pick up paint, etc. for redoing her dresser (for her room makeover) and she ended up getting a new pair of comfy pajama pants too.

I don't think I say it often enough but I LOVE being a mom. Sometimes it's not the most glamorous job or the least stressful but I wouldn't change it for the world! When I was younger (talking teens here) I used to tell everyone that all I wanted to be was a mom and have 14 (yes that's 14) kids...if you count all the foster kids we've had in our home and loved then I'm WAY over that total. Sometimes I worry about being responsible for teaching them all the values, morals and life skills that they must know and wonder if I'm doing it right (or screwing them up for life) but I just don't think there is a more rewarding job then being a mom!

No comments: