Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Yep, strep!!





Lexy got home from preschool yesterday and asked if she could make Brooke a get better card. She got out her paper, her special sparkly cat & dog stickers and markers and went to work. She sounded out most of the words (wow, at only 4!) and only asked for my help a couple of times and she very thoughtfully picked each of the stickers that she put on with care. About 30 min. later she was done and very proud of herself. She took the card (along with a couple of chocolates) into Brooke and blew her a kiss (she doesn't want to get sick) before leaving.

After a trip to the doctor yesterday afternoon and a swab down the throat, Brooke was given the diagnosis of strep throat...for the millionth time!!! Off we went to Wal-Mart to pick up her antibiotics. I hadn't gotten a chance to do our grocery shopping on Sunday so I figured I might as well do that while we waited for the prescription to be filled. When we finished getting groceries (at least 45 min. later) we went to collect the prescription and we were told "oh that hasn't been started yet, I'll put it to the front of the line it should ONLY be another 10 min. or so". One very sick, grumpy kiddo, one hyper, bored kiddo and 25 min. later we got our prescription and could finally leave!
I'm not feeling SO great today but unless my dr's office will send in a prescription without seeing me I don't know what I'll do. Actually I'm more concerned about Lexy, while she's feeling ok right now we will be in BIG trouble if she starts getting sick after today since the kids' doctors office will be closed from Wed. to Mon. this week. They so kindly told us that if we needed a doctor during that time we would have to go to the children's hospital clinic (45 min. away)!

No comments: