Thursday, December 11, 2008

ENT visit and a funny!

Lexy's visit to the ENT for a hearing test (since she failed hers at preschool) went well. They did find a small hearing loss in her right ear but think that maybe that is due to the bronchitis that she has. She will be going back in 6 weeks for a follow up test.

Since Lexy's three days off of school it has been terribly hard to get her motivated to get up every morning. She tells me she is still sick and/or that she just simply doesn't want to go to school to do work...wow I can only imagine how difficult it will be to start back after Christmas break!

Speaking of Christmas, Lexy and Brooke are keeping me on my toes! Lexy keeps asking "how many sleeps until Christmas?" and when I answer she'll say "ahh, that's a lot!". Brooke keeps mentioning the fact that we have NO presents under the tree as of yet and gently (ha!) reminding me that I need to get to work!

I got the following in an e-mail this morning and my first thought was oh my gosh that would totally happen at my house!!!!

Cup of Tea

One day my mother was out and my dad was in charge of me. I was maybe 2 1/2 years old and had just recovered from an accident. Someone had given me a little 'tea set' as a get-well gift and it was one of my favorite toys. Daddy was in the living room engrossed in the evening news when I brought Daddy a little cup of 'tea', which was just water. After several cups of tea and lots of praise for such yummy tea, my Mom came home. My Dad made her wait in the living room to watch me bring him a cup oftea, because it was "just the cutest thing!"

My Mom waited, and sure enough, here I come down the hall with a cup of tea for Daddy and she watches him drink it up.

Then she says, (as only a mother would know.. :) "Did it ever occur to you that the only place she can reach to get water is the toilet?"

1 comment:

debi9kids said...

OMGosh! That is the funniest story!!!

PS Thank you so very much for leaving a comment today and for undestanding where I am coming from. It means so much to me to not feel so alone :)
Very nice meeting you!