Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Lexy sickies and dinner gone good

Lexy stayed home from school for the third day today, her cough has continued to get worse. When I mentioned that she would be missing the fun at school she informed me that "I would prefer not to do school work mommy". I took her to the doctor (in the worst of the ice and snow) and thankfully it wasn't quite as bad as what the dr. thought when he first heard her cough. He made the comment "I think I know where I'll be sending you" (hospital) but after listening to her he said that it wasn't as bad as he thought and put her on steriods and a strong antibiotic.

After planning on having stew for dinner tonight...and realizing this morning that I had forgotten to buy the stew meat (duh!) we had chicken enchiladas...
Put frozen chicken in crock pot on low for 6-8 hrs.


Debone chicken and heat in pan with a can of cream of chicken soup, a few green chiles and about a cup of shredded cheese

Pour 1/2 can of enchilada sauce and a few green chiles on bottom of 13x9 pan. Dip flour tortillas in sauce and then fill with chicken mixture and roll. Pour remaining sauce, chiles and some cheese on top. Heat in 350 oven for about 15 min.

Serve with salad, fruit and...


Have beautiful daughter bake cinammon roll squares!


Even Brooke loved the enchiladas (she went back for seconds) so those of you that know how picky she can be knows that these must be YUMMY!!

Oh, Mrs. Claus made another visit this afternoon while Lexy and I picked Brooke up from school. She left each girl a plastic candy cane filled with chocolates. Lexy was so excited when she found them on the table upon returning home!

No comments: