We were told earlier this week that there was another glitch in the 2 yo & 7 yo sisters case and they were postponing a best interest staffing until they could figure things out.
Today we got an e-mail that they will be going ahead with a best interest staffing with us and three other interested families...but only for the 2 year old. Seems that another relative has popped up and only wants the 7 yr old but they are from another state so it will be several months before the workers know if this family member will work out/pass a homestudy. So the plan is to choose a family for the two year old and get her moved to her family and then if things don't work out for the 7 yr. old she will probably be placed in the same home as the 2 yr. old.
So on April 12, 2011 we should find out if we are the chosen family for the 2 year old!!
If we are not chosen to be her family then we will continue with the other two situations we have our homestudy submitted for:
Three siblings (b-3, g-2, b-1)
3.5 year old girl