Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My other blogs and a decorating dilema

If you haven't taken a look at my "Dinner's Done" blog, I invite you to do so. Each week I'm posting my weekly menu and then I post any new recipes with our reviews that we try. This blog is my attempt at remembering to add variety and try new things while making myself more organized and just maybe helping you find something new for dinner tonight! Last night I made Crock Pot Taco Soup and I have to tell you that this is the BEST soup that I have ever tasted...I had it again for lunch today and it's even better today!

To go to the Dinner's Done blog simply click above or go to the sidebar on the right and click on the image. There's also my other blog "Projects & Pretties" this is where I'll eventually get around to posting about all the crafts and projects that I've done/am doing/going to do...I promise to work on this one more!

In other news...a decorating dilema...

At a "junk store" yesterday we found this...


Now, I was THRILLED to find this piece of heaven as it was on my wish list for Christmas. You see I needed (or thought I needed) a bench for people to sit on to take their shoes off/on. But I didn't want just any bench, I wanted one that had storage inside for toys since even though I vowed when we moved into this house that our living room would not turn into yet another room filled to the brim with toys, it seems everytime we get a new foster placement (that isn't old enough/trustworthy enough to go into the playroom alone) that we end up with toys galore in the living room. So we need a place to hide the toys basically!

So you would think that I would be thrilled to death at this find...and for only $25 at that! But alas my best laid plans never work out the way intended. There are two problems with the wonderful bench...

1. It is too long for the space allotted for said bench thus we are not able to open the front door all the way and
2. The placement of said bench into our already small crowded living room has pushed the room over my "too much furniture in one room" limit.

Mike, the wonderful hubby that he is, didn't call for the white coats as I went back and forth saying "I don't like how crowded the room is", "I love the bench I want it in here", "we can't even open the door, it's (the bench) gotta go", "but we really need the bench, why don't we get rid of something else in here". We went back and forth on what we could remove from the room to make room for said bench...and then where would we put what we removed. Then my wonderful hubby came up with what he thought was the perfect solution...

We could get rid of the entertainment center, TV and all, and get a flat screen TV to hang on the wall thus making room for my beloved bench...not a bad idea if we had ANY money for such a wonderful gift for him :-)

So my bench sits in my crowded living room, blocking my door from opening fully as a reminder that we need to find some money on the street/win the lottery to get a TV to mount on the wall for my beloved husband...or a bigger house for all our crap!

No comments: