Monday, August 17, 2009

1st day down

I went to pick Lexy up from school...as she walked out of the school she looked a little worried but as soon as she saw me she got the biggest smile and ran to me for a hug. I asked how her day was and she said "I loved it, it was GREAT!" She said her favorite part was nap time (although she didn't sleep) but she did get to take her pillow/tiger out of her bag to lay with. She said her least favorite part was doing the work lol!

Brooke said she had a good day too. She got to see all her friends, she really liked all her teachers (she was worried about a few of them), she gets to go swimming for PE for the rest of the week and there was a new boy that was cute...so all is good :-)

After looking at and signing about a million papers from school for both girls, Mike and I went to pick up the van and many dollars later we have a new water pump and no squeak...yay!

I had made one of Brooke and Lexy's favorite dinners, spaghetti for tonight and a 1st day of school cake...


We decided to invite Grandpa Tom over for dinner and cake since we forgot his birthday over the weekend (sorry!) and we knew that he was on his own for the next couple of weeks while Mammaw is away...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I make a first day of school cake too!

Audra said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and for the comments! I love your blog, and you have a beautiful family!

Consider yourself "followed!" I look forward to reading more from you!

Audra
audradetillier.blogspot.com

debi9kids said...

Yeah to the 1st day of school and what a great mama to make a special cake too!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

I can't believe school starts so early. When I was a kid it was always (ALWAYS!) the day after Labor Day, no ifs ands or buts. What happened? Have the days gotten shorter since the 70s?

(Stopping by from SITS)

Have a great day!