Wednesday, August 19, 2009

So much to do...

and I don't want to do it! I started out the week with my to do list and did pretty well on Monday knocking out some of the more urgent tasks but now as we head into the third day of rainy, dreary, not getting enough sleep, missing having kiddos at home - ness I'm SO done! I just want to lay on the couch covered with a soft blanket eating some chocolate and napping (after I eat the chocolate :-) .

Lexy must have felt the same way this morning because she had to argue with me about everything while waking up and getting ready for school. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Brooke tip-toeing through the house (avoiding me) just shaking her head and muttering...she's learned that it IS NOT a good idea to have your own bad morning when MOM is having a BAD morning...Lexy will learn soon!

After getting them off to school I had to bribe myself with a BIG Sonic coke (oh did I tell you I was trying to give up coke, oh well) to go back home to begin tackling the horrible task of sorting thru the basement and price for a garage sale. After 3 1/2 hours I emerged from the basement to eat lunch and was greeted with the sun for the first time in three days...so I couldn't possibly go back down to the dreary basement, it'll be there tomorrow!

Oh one more gripe...Brooke's class had a meeting yesterday where the principal told them that because of budget cutbacks they will not be having an 8th grade promotion (graduation) this year...for the first time ever! I couldn't sleep last night I was so mad and sad for Brooke. How can they not have graduation???? The only cost I can even think of for a graduation ceremony would be the caps & gowns (and they could ask parents to pay for that) so WHY would this be cut! They are still having their promotion dance (which I would think would cost more) but it's not the same!

Ok I'm done sharing my bad mood, I feel better!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by! That stinks about the graduation. I'd think the dance would cost more, too.

Melissa B. said...

Ya know, I start those "to do" lists, and always end up going off on one tangent or another. SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did!

Unknown said...

That is too bad about graduation.

just dropping by from SITS to say hi; if you need a chuckle, drop by my blog--you might find one or two!