Monday, August 17, 2009

Off to school...

Lexy off to kindergarten!

Brooke off to 8th grade!

My babies are off to school for another year...and it makes me sad. I'm not ready to have an 8th
grader and a kindergartner!!!! I'm sitting here at home all alone for the first time in many many years and I so want another little baby to be holding and spending my time taking care of.

I have never been one of those women that wanted a high powered career...I want to be a mom surrounded by kids! For the past 13 years with Brooke's birth, Lexy's adoption and foster children I have been able to live that life. It's been chaotic at times but I loved having small children at home all day playing and making noise...my house is SO quite this morning!

It's only 10am and I've already tried to distract myself with going grocery shopping, taking myself to breakfast, making homemade spaghetti sauce, baking a cake, turning on the TV (for some noise in the house), talking with the mechanic (about the awful noise my van is making) and playing on the computer. I'm still bored and lonely. It doesn't help that this is what it looks like out my door today...


I hopefully will be starting a job in a few weeks but that job will be overnights on Friday and Sat. nights so that won't fill up my days. I can't work during the day for a couple of reasons...I have to drop off/pick up the girls from school each day and there are absolutely NO jobs around here. I have plenty of projects that need to be completed around here and maybe I can volunteer at the library or animal rescue, hmm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, they look SO cute!!!!!

Meaghan said...

Love the pictures and so glad school went well!

Thank you for joining Spirit Jump! I put your blog on our site under Jumper's and linked back to you :)

~Meaghan

www.spiritjump.org